Please Read!!

Hey everyone if you find something you like but the link does not work then please go to my website at http://www.wandascrafts.com. The majority of my files are over there. I am working on fixing all of the links on my blog but it takes time. Thank you.

Sunday

My First 3D Card!!

Yep this is my very first 3D card and I love it!!
How I made this card:
First the paper that I used on my Cricut to cut my card was actually wallpaper, the kind you can paint. I really like it because it is already embossed and very easy to work with. So after I cut my card on my Cricut (cut file is below) I painted it with "Metallic Pearl White Acrylic Paint" by Folk Art, Plaid. It gave the card a pearlized look.

Next: After the paint dried I put spray adhesive on the back of the card.

Tip: Hold card over garbage can or bucket while spraying to keep the spray from getting all over everything.

After spraying my card I layed it flat on dark blue 12 x 12 background paper. Then pressed from the middle outward. Once the card and the background paper were securely attached to one another I trimmed off the access blue paper.

Tip: Be sure your background paper is larger than your card to give yourself room for error. You can always trim but you can never add.

Next: I painted the blue background paper on the front of the card but left the middle oval part alone. I used the same paint as above.

Next: I cut my 3D art, stacked the pics and used foam strips to give it a raised affect. I then glued the completed 3D art onto the middle of my card. Thats it.

I hope I have explained how I made this card in a way you can understand what I am saying. If you have questions just leave me a comment and I will try to answer.

Tip: To find 3D art just do an internet search for "free 3D Decoupage".

ENJOY and have a Blessed Day and thank you for visiting my blog!!!


Here is my 3D card at 2 different angles.




CLICK HERE to get this file in my Volume 2 set of svg files...ENJOY!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Wanda! All this and attending nursing school too? You rock!

Shirley Clark

Tammy D said...

That is gorgeous!

Carol's Crafts said...

Wanda, The cards you are making are just wonderful. I can't wait to cut them.

Jun Bug House said...

Wonderful.
You did a great job on this.
Someone will be very lucky and feel special to get this one
**U**
Nance

Diann said...

I love your first 3D card...very lovely! Diann

Chrystal S said...

Beautiful Wanda!!!

Kim said...

beautiful cards...............you have worked very hard this week
thanks for sharing

Sharon said...

you did a great job on the card

Jennie said...

Lovely card Wanda. Isn't 3d fun?!

Anonymous said...

WOW....what talent Wanda

Anonymous said...

just love your cards, am anxious to
try them. thank you so much for sharing

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to try this card, so many possibilities, TFS beautiful work. Anita in OK

Dawn said...

You are just amazing. The file is great, but the card makes it that much better.
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Card post on Sep. 13, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Wow...this is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing! Judit

Carole N. said...

This is so GORGEOUS. I love this cut file. It's so elegant.

Wanda, I wanted to say thank you again for sharing your tip about using the spray glue. I used it for the two cards I made and shared on SCAL Hints and it worked great. I am not sure I could have ever gotten them glued down if not for your tip and luckily I had a can of spray glue.

Thanks for the great tip and the beautiful card.

Big Hugs!

Carole N. said...

OK It does pay to read all the instructions. LOL Now I see how you got the pretty sheen to your wallpaper...using the pearl paint.

It really makes a beautiful paper.

Hugs!

Powered by WebRing.